Justin Heritage Foundation Regular Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date and Time: January 12, 2023, at 5:00 PM
805 W 1st Street
Justin, TX 76247
The regular meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm and was presided over by President, Jennifer Green with Bonnie McCaig as Secretary.
Board members in attendance: Gwen St. Clair, Glenda Garrett, Bailey Acosta, Lisa Dyer, Kelli Thielemann, Lea Bryant
Board members absent: India White, Lisa Dyer
Guests: Molly Deussen
Minutes from the previous meeting on November 10, 2022, have been approved as read.
- Report presented by Vice President, Bailey Acosta.
- City Council approved Justin Heritage Foundation’s use of the 3 insets at Justin Community Park for approximately 272 engraved bricks.
- Discussed replacing existing bricks to match color if needed.
- Determined guidelines i.e. no profanity, no political or religious views, no gang related or criminal affiliation.
- Bailey to inquire if 16 x 16 option.
- 1st lot 75. Goal 3 months starting 1/20 – 4/20.
- Glenda Garrett will proofread the Google forms.
- Marketing efforts – newsletter, 76247 magazine.
Motion: Moved by Lea Bryant to approve fundraising prices of bricks as outlined below.
- 4 x 8 engraved brick selling for $75.
- 8 x 8 engraved brick selling for $125
- If an option, 16 x 16 brick selling for $500
- One of these will be for JHF and 2 others will be available for sell.
Motion carried unanimously.
- Discussion on verbiage of MOU with City of Justin on related projects.
- Discussion on storage units.
- Discussion of insurance – general liability, etc.
- Report presented by Membership Director, Glenda Garrett.
The next meeting will be held February 2, at 5 pm at:
805 W 1st. Street
Justin, TX 76247
The proposed agenda for the next meeting is as follows:
- Liability insurance
The meeting was adjourned at 6:46 pm by President, Jennifer Green.
Draft minutes submitted by Bonnie McCaig.