Justin Heritage Foundation Regular Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date and Time: July 13, 2023, at 5:00 PM
805 W. 1st Street
Justin, TX 76247
The regular meeting was called to order at 5:10 pm and was presided over by President, Jennifer Green with Bonnie McCaig as Secretary.
Board members in attendance: Bailey Acosta, Gwen St. Clair, Glenda Garrett, Lea Bryant
Absent: Lisa Dyer, Kelli Thielman, India White
Active members in attendance: Candance Parker
Associate members in attendance: Courtney Pacheco, Toni Bostick, Karen Pacheco
Minutes from the previous meeting on June 8, 2023, have been approved as read.
- Consideration and Action of Agenda Items
- Report presented by President, Jennifer Green.
- Discussion of financial statement on behalf of Treasurer, Lisa Dyer.
- There are 2 policies awaiting completion and pending payment.
- Memorandum Of Understanding documents are on hold.
- Requesting City of Justin to provide final plat of the property.
- City of Justin is negotiating to have a retaining wall built in back and gate accessing Gaston house from development.
- Report presented by Lea Bryant, Resource Development Director.
- Provided architectural history and dates of the architectural features.
- He stated that Justin Heritage Foundation’s vision needs to focus on the Uniqueness of the house.
- Mr. Hodges has agreed to $150 per hour for consulting.
- Motion: Moved by Bailey Acosta to hire Mr. Hodges at $150 an hour for consulting fees.
- Discussion of potential use of house utilizing the outdoor areas of the Gaston house.
- Lea Bryant provided a rendering of how to utilize specific outside spaces simulating a historic walking tour around the grounds memorializing historic elements.
- Workshop planned Aug 13, 12-3pm at City Hall to create vision and story boards for presentations and marketing.
- Motion: Moved by Bailey to purchase large post-it notes for work board up to $100.
- Discussion on changing from two special fundraising events to one this year, in order to yield the best results.
- Report presented by Chair, Courtney Pacheco, on Casino fundraiser scheduled for October 13th, 2023.
- The Nest in Ponder, Texas will host.
- Quotes by vendors were based on 200 – 250 attendees.
- Theme: James Bond 007
- Colors: Red, Black, White, Gold
- Elite Casino Events will manage the event.
- Catering by Lonesome Spur - Heavy appetizers buffet style.
- HD Liquid Catering has several bar packages to choose from.
- Donor opportunities available for each table and add-on entertainment options: DJ, photo booth, martini girl, magician.
- Discussion on donations of prize basket items and wine/liquor.
- Motion: Moved by Lea Bryant for deposits for The Nest and Elite Casino Events $3997.50 and for Bailey Acosta to sign the necessary contracts.
- Report presented by President, Jennifer Green, on an opportunity presented for the Justin Heritage Foundation to receive 15% of the entry fees from a local carnival on July 20 – 22nd , 2023. Event to take place on Brookson Builders property with contingency of Brooks White’s approval of the contract.
Motion: Moved by Gwen St. Clair to approve receiving 15% of the entry fee proceeds from the carnival on July 20 – 22nd , 2023 to be held on Brookson Builders property with contingency that Brooks White approves contract and $50 for purchase of Justin Heritage Foundation banner.
Motion carried unanimously.
The next meeting will be held August 10, at 5 pm at:
805 W. 1st Street
Justin, TX 76247
The proposed agenda for the next meeting is as follows:
- Vision for the Gaston house.
- Memorandum of Understanding status with City of Justin.
- Casino Night fundraiser update.
- Hands on history class discussion.
The meeting was adjourned at 7.32 pm by President, Jennifer Green.
Draft minutes submitted by Bonnie McCaig.