Justin Heritage Foundation Annual Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date and Time: May 11, 2023, at 5:00 PM
805 W 1st Street
Justin, TX 76247
The annual meeting was called to order at 5:11 pm and was presided over by President, Jennifer Green with Bonnie McCaig as Secretary.
Board members in attendance: Gwen St. Clair, Glenda Garrett, Lisa Dyer, Lea Bryant, Kellie Thielman, India White.
Board members absent: Bailey Acosta.
Active Members in attendance: Molly Deussen.
Associate Members in attendance: Tomas Mendoza, Rich Garrett, Courtney Pacheco, Karen Pacheco, Brooks White.
Minutes from the previous meeting on April 13, 2023, have been approved as read.
- Consideration and Action of Agenda Items
- Report presented by Builder Director, India White.
- Need one more bid and should be able to discuss next meeting.
- Heavy tarps donated by Kacy Maryott (JHF member) with Proco Roofing.
- Main expense will be equipment rental.
- Report presented by Jennifer Green, President.
- Justin Heritage Foundation’s post office box is up for renewal by end of this month. Cost $114.
- Brooks White will find out if discount for non-profit 501(c)(3).
- Motion: Moved by Glenda Garrett to renew Justin Heritage Foundation’s post office box cost up to $114.
- Rich Garrett and Barrett Green will oversee the restoration project.
- Itemized list requested of parts, supplies, etc. needed to complete project.
- All American Towing is donating parts they have purchased for the tractor.
- North Texas Giving Day $50 application due by August.
- Motion: Moved by Gwen St. Clair to pay $50 and submit application.
- Discussion of insurance policies brokered by Higginbotham.
- General Liability policy based on Justin Heritage Foundation’s activity as General Contractors for Gaston House restoration project. Premium $3418.46.
- Directors & Officers policy covers the Justin Heritage Foundation Board Members or on behalf of Justin Heritage Foundation. $2,000,000 limit. Premium $444.
- Volunteer Accident policy. Premium $2.91 per volunteer, minimum $300.
- Medical $100,000
- $0 deductible
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Option to finance monthly through Higginbotham for an additional fee of $286.37.
- Total for all 3 policies, $4162.46 if paid in full.
- Motion: Moved by Lea Bryant that all 3 polices are paid in full up to $4162.46.
- Report presented by Treasurer, Lisa Dyer.
- January – May 11 financial statement update provided, which includes engraved brick purchases.
- Discussion on categorizing income and expenses into the Justin Heritage Foundation general fund, projects, etc. moving forward.
- Report presented by Resource Development Director, Lea Bryant.
- Discussion on Ice Cream Social timeline, duties, and raffle.
- Brick program
The next meeting will be held June 8, at 5 pm at:
Lea Bryant’s house
1426 Oliver Creek Lane
Justin, TX 76247
The proposed agenda for the next meeting are as follows:
- MOU with City of Justin
- MOU of the Gaston house
- Gaston House project update
- Historic Architect
The meeting was adjourned at 7:03 pm by President, Jennifer Green.
Draft minutes submitted by Bonnie McCaig.