Photo Contest Entries
Photo Contest Entries
You will be emailed a link to submit after you have purchased your entry fee.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Your submission of a photo is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder.
- Residents of Justin are encouraged to submit photos.
- All photos should be taken around the City of Justin and surrounding 5 mile area between 1 April and 15 May 2023. All photos should be your interpretation of “Hometown Proud” reflecting the daily life, landmarks, nature and/or history of our town.
- Each photographer may submit up to 3 photographs to the competition and be charged an entry fee for $10 (for up to 3 photos total).
- Photographs submitted with a watermark will not be considered.
- Photographs depicting foul language, racist/sexist language or political views will not be considered and will be determined ineligible by the reviewing board.
- Photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and scene as it appeared and should not be digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.)
- Anyone 17 years and younger must have a parent/guardian attached to their entry form.
- Any photos that include images of people or businesses must be accompanied by written waiver by those individuals or businesses that are included in the photo.
- The Board is not responsible for lost entries.
- The undersigned photographer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless, the Justin Heritage Foundation from and against any action, suit, claim, damages, liability, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or related to the use of the photo(s) by the Justin Heritage Foundation.
- Submission of photographs as part of the contest includes a license to the Justin Heritage Foundation to make unlimited and exclusive use of the photographs for the purposes set forward in the Contest Entry Form. The original photographer shall retain all authorship and copyright ownership in the photos, and may continue to use the photos, images and any copies thereof, solely for personal use.
- At the Justin Heritage Foundations discretion, credit for photos may be included in publications
- Photo Criteria - Photos of low resolution or quality may not be considered when choosing winners.
Adult and Youth Categories
a. Life in Justin
b. Nature in Justin
c. History in Justin
A panel of judges representing:
1. Current or former art educators
2. Justin Heritage Foundation
3. Business members of Justin
4. Others as available/needed
The Justin Heritage Foundation will administer the photo contest and will present all photos to the panel of judges without any identification that may suggest the name or identity of the person who took the photo.
In each of the 3 categories (Life in Justin, Nature in Justin and History in Justin) up to 3, 1st place winners from the Youth and 3 from the Adult entries will receive: a gift basket reflecting Justin, TX pride!